Sunday, February 13, 2011

February Calendar

WOW! With this months calendar change over, I decided to do it with the class as a lesson, rather than after-school. I wanted to make sure the students were understanding when the next month begins and February is unique with only 28 days so I could utilize this opportunity for another teachable moment. I had the students create their own February calendar along with me. We shaded in yellow the boxes that represented January and March. Reviewing this month's calendar we realized it was going to be a busy month with a Groundhog's Day, Chinese New Years School-wide Celebration, Valentine's Day, President's Day (with days off from school) and our 100th Day of School. Here are just a few of the student calendars that they made in class. Such a great month ahead of us!!!



Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment